Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
There is no information on what Apple is about to do in the following 1-2 months regarding the release of new products.
Not even youtubers are making any comments about that… but intel has released an M2 killer processor… maybe that’s what’s causing all this silence?

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
There is no information on what Apple is about to do in the following 1-2 months regarding the release of new products.
Not even youtubers are making any comments about that… but intel has released an M2 killer processor… maybe that’s what’s causing all this silence?

Nothing Apple could do about it in two months.

A 15 inch Air would be nice. I doubt that Intel's M2 killer could do battery life like an M2 or M3.

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
Man and to think this is how things used to be, announcements were truly announcements and either shook the world or didn't.

Anyways, it probably really is just the time of year and if the rumors are true with this VR/AR headset getting the main focus that could be another potential reason. I don't think this M2 "killer" Intel chip is the reason, Apple already knows they have a giant lead when it comes to efficient chips and they care more about that. Intel banks on the numbers game (don't get me wrong they make good powerful chips), and hopes that the customer base doesn't care about heat or having to stay connected to an outlet. Remember all of these powerful Intel chips get severely throttled because of the heat generation.

Reactions: Plymouthbreezer

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
Intel is releasing an M2 killer processor till Apple releases the next chip and kills the intel, then intel kills the Apple chip... round and round and round we go. I would say for 99% of the people computers are more then fast enough today to do everything they need to do and do it well. Not to say we should stop improving them but there is so much talk, debate and worry over who has the fastest this and that. There is more to computing then just the raw power of a machine. Apple has always had the advantage with a superior OS (for me). So while I could build a technically faster computer for a lot less, I am not getting the user experience with that faster machine.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
but intel has released an M2 killer processor… maybe that’s what’s causing all this silence?
Nah,
The radio silence is perfectly normal this time of year. Apple plays things close to the vest and we're months away from any hardware release, whether we're talking Macs, or iPads or iPhones.

Just this time of the year were news and rumors dry up

Reactions: ericwn

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
but intel has released an M2 killer processor… maybe that’s what’s causing all this silence?
Intel's new high-end chip is marginally faster than Apple's lowest-end chip. When they compare it to an M2 Ultra and it beats the pants off it AND uses less power, THEN I'll be impressed. But until Apple releases that chip (if it ever does), color me unimpressed.

And at the end of the day, future macOS versions aren't going to support Intel chips (probably a few years away, but it is coming), so it really doesn't matter to most Mac users what Intel, AMD or nVidia do.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Apple is never talked even in old days! He once the creation os even site like the thread! Sitres even had been sued out of business by Apple for getting too close!
I am unsure what you’re trying to express.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Early on in the year there is not that much to shout about as Maflynn already stated so well. Besides that I would doubt that the presence of a slightly slower or faster cpu isn’t pushing customers to abandon ship and buy a totally different computer platform. There are of course folks who draw their conclusions only from spec sheets and marketing bubbles but I’d be surprised if that group is anything but a niche in the market.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.