Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
I've never used these forums to help me with my uni work, however I know some lovely MR member will have a nice link.

Okay this is what I need, I need a academic article on the all-time best-selling game franchises. I know this sounds perfetic, however all I can find is this article and a wiki article, far from academic. It just needs to be something more credible, from a newspaper article or a statistics web site. I've tried every where including online newspaper databases and I'm just not savvy enough to find it.

Thanks so much :)

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
I'm not quite sure what your definition of an academic article is, but it sure isn't anything that's been mentioned in this thread so far. Just because an article mentions some statistics doesn't mean its academic. It has to do with the methodology, analysis and presentation of the study. If you want academic you want articles from publications like the Journal of Marketing.

However, if you mean reliable source, which is something completely different, then Forbes, or any high standing/well respected publication will do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.