Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hello MacRumors and Mac friends.

The keyboard shortcut for page down or page up is fn - up arrow key (or down arrow key) but what's the keyboard shortcut for Home and End (to get to either to the topmost or to the bottomost of the page or a document)?

Thank you. Stay safe

God bless, Revelation 21:4

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Thank you so much
This'll make life really easier and more efficient.
:)

By the way, any link to the absolute most complete list of keyboard shortcut keys for MacOS? I'd love to master all of them (as in all).

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Shortcut list from Apple Support.

Some apps have their own shortcuts, that may or may not be shared with the system - so an "absolute most complete list" would depend on the other apps that you use.

Reactions: Alvin777

Moakesy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2013
UK
And if you found a shortcut that you really like, but has too many key combinations (or you just can't remember it), then remap it to something simpler by going to Settings / Keyboard / Shortcut.

I often use Cmd+Tab to switch apps, but if I want to shift windows within the same app (so between two word docs, or multiple safari tabs) I could never remember the key combo. I remapped the "Move focus to next window" shortcut to CMD+§, which is the key above the tab key, so it's super easy muscle memory to either switch between apps, or switch open windows in the same app.

Before it used to be something like Cmd+Cntrl+Tab, or maybe Shift+Cntrl+Tab.... I could never remember so I simplified it.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Hello MacRumors and Mac friends.

The keyboard shortcut for page down or page up is fn - up arrow key (or down arrow key) but what's the keyboard shortcut for Home and End (to get to either to the topmost or to the bottomost of the page or a document)?

Thank you. Stay safe

God bless, Revelation 21:4
Command + Up/Down key for Scroll to Top/Bottom
Option + Up/Down key for Page Up/Down

*These won't work in the Finder windows.

Reactions: Alvin777
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.