Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2009
California
I ordered these for the 15 Pro. I've never seen an at-home applicator that peels form underneath like this that is supposed to remove dust with the application.

I'm planning to take the phone out of the box and peel the sticker off then immediately put this on so hopefully there won't be any dust. But these look pretty cool and I'm looking forward to trying them. I can always apply the protectors without bubbles but there is always a speck or two of dust underneath which drives my crazy.

I'll report back after application Friday, but wanted to share these in case any one else wants to order before delivery day.

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
That actually looks good, but worry about lifting when installing the phone into cases apart from official Apple ones.

I had a similar install method on a non famous brand last year, the installation was flawless but it wasn't crystal clear. The adhesive gave a shiver to it so scrapped it. Should be ok with Torras.

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2009
California
Yeah I think this will give a little sheen to the screen also when looking at an angle in bright light, it's been that way with every protector I've had. I'll probably use this for 6-9 months until the oleophobic coating wears off and the phone doesn't feel so new and then take it off. That's what I've done with the last two phones I've had.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Torras provides a screen wipe and multiple stickers to remove any and all dust.
Been installing Torras for 4 years and never had an issue.
By far the best screen protector on the market…with amazing customer service.
Agreed. The Diamond Shield I purchased last year for my 14 PM is still performing well and has not shown signs of losing its oleophobic coating.

Reactions: Bella Argo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.