Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will the bugs start to add up over the years or will they be fixed in no time?

• Add up over the years

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Fixed in no time

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

MathijsBo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2016
I have found out 4 Bugs so far and have only been using it 2 days.
1) Safari tabs. Sometimes 2 of the tabs are circled while only one is open. And the circle goes under the tab sometimes.
2)Youtube skip ads. With your media scroller you can skip through the youtube ads. I like it but it is a bug that needs to be fixed
3) No response, I have had one issue where the touch bar was non responding. I had to open a another app and go back. That seemed to fix it.
4) Late response, when scrolling though colors the cursor was left behind while I was scrolling. I had to re open the tab to fix it.

Do you have any problems I have not mentioned?

Antairez

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2015
You got both options wrong. It will get fixed, with some time of course. Definitely not no time. That's just not how development cycles work.

Also you will always have new bugs in the future when they release new features. You will always have bugs, the old ones get fixed and the new ones come in.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Yeah, your poll is confusing.

There are bugs as expected with any gen 1 product and Apple will be in the course of time fixing them (hopefully)

alexander258954

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
You got both options wrong. It will get fixed, with some time of course. Definitely not no time. That's just not how development cycles work.

Also you will always have new bugs in the future when they release new features. You will always have bugs, the old ones get fixed and the new ones come in.

Here I am two years later in 2018 still experiencing literally every one of the issues listed. :/

alexander258954

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
Thats crazy! For me they are all fixed except for the one I want to keep, the skipping through ads

The Safari tabs one is the most annoying. That one happens constantly especially if I have a video playing. Really though I don't want a video scrubber in the tab bar because I want to be able to switch tabs on one tap and even if I use the scrubber I have to wait for the video to load once I let it go. Bad design!?

I tried the skipping YouTube ads one and it seemed to work but it just froze up and made me watch the loading indicator until the ad would have finished so I guess that's kind of "fixed" (not that it was a problem that needed to be fixed imo).

Touch bar not responding happens constantly too. A lot of the time if I wake up my computer from sleep it'll come on for a few seconds but after I scan Touch ID it just turns off and the only way to get it back is to go back to sleep and unlock my computer again. Super annoying.

The only issue I didn't have was the color bar thing. I've never run into that one fortunately.

I've had a lot of issues with the touch bar just like my Watch. If I 3D Touch a message in iMessage on my watch the labels on the buttons are cut off. Sometimes if I unlock my iPhone and immediately go for Notification Center it'll show me the enter password view again.

There's a lot of bugs I've been dealing with for a long time and I just wish they'd get fixed already??? I used to use the Feedback app in the beta builds of iOS and macOS on my old computer but quickly realized Apple does not pay ANY attention to those. However these are all issues I've had since I got my latest iPhone and MacBook Pro and I've never installed the beta on these devices.

I have a feeling installing beta builds causes permanent problems when there's bugs because my old MacBook Pro still does some things wrong that any other computer wouldn't like when I drag a tab out of a window in Safari my old computer will leave the window I dragged it out of open. On any other computer though it'll close the empty window. I've tested this between my old computer and a different one running the same version of macOS (but never had a beta installed on the one I compared) and the one I compared it to didn't leave the window open. Dumb bug but super annoying.

Idk! Just thought I'd share my frustrations. I know this is probably a whiney post but this thread is about bugs so whatever. Point is yes I'm experiencing these issues you listed and a lot more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.