Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derryquinn

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Yes but the iPod display will no longer show the song info or any settings from the settings menu. Bummer.

Still, it works in ipod interface mode - and that seems to work better than the fully integrated mode anyway. Just if you switch to the wrong disc # on the radio, you are screwed.

I submitted a bug report to Apple about this, and I know what they plan to do with it, but unfortunately I am under an NDA as to their plans on fixing the bug.

But if I could say something, it would be: "don't hold your breath".

HAHAHA NDA for a bug? lollllll! Thats for like company secrets. Dumbass.

jelloyacket

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
For the record, it doesn't appear that my Motorola cell phone charger works with the iTrip Dock (both the car and wall chargers).

Looks like Griffin updated their website to be consistent with that (used to claim full compatibility with new iPods, including using your existing car charger).

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
Has anyone used a touch with a car iPod adapter and have it work? Im referring to one that connects through the dock connector. I know its the same size but there have been reports of the touch software not working with peripherals used for gen 5.5.

Works with my pioneer ipod interface...with a few kinks. E.g. doesn't show the "Podcasts" playlist. I got around this by creating a smart playlist that shows all unplayed podcasts. But I can see the rest of the playlists, charge the battery, even safari works when its plugged into the car.

Jecko024

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2007
My newer alpine came up with a wierd error the first time and then i got it too play some Jimmy Eat world. Now, whenever I turn off my touch and plug it straight in in automatically plays Jimmy eat world lol. But I can control it and everything through my deck and change songs -- so pretty much it works like my older ipods (other than when I turn it off and dont choose a song before pluggin it in).

dikiem

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
How about getting one of these for your ipod

http://www.harmankardon.com/drive-2/

content.jpg

DeadlyB

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.