Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Just wondering if people using the iPad mini could check this in their settings for me…

On my iPhone I have a setting under Face ID for other apps where you can enable and disable Face ID for specific third party apps (Settings > Face ID & Passcode > Other apps).

However, I am not finding this same option available on my iPad mini which has Touch ID, is that normal?

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
I have the mini 6 and I don't have that section under Touch ID. I have that on my iPhone under Face ID. I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
I have the mini 6 and I don't have that section under Touch ID. I have that on my iPhone under Face ID. I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it.
Yeah it’s strange how that option isn’t available for Touch ID like it is with Face ID… checked the mother in laws Touch ID iPhone tonight and hers is the same. Strange.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Have you actually enabled TouchID for other apps on the iPad? I believe this menu only shows up after initial use.

I don’t have it either on my iPad Pro 11. Probably because all my logins are through Safari while on the iPhone, I use the banking apps.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Have you actually enabled TouchID for other apps on the iPad? I believe this menu only shows up after initial use.

I don’t have it either on my iPad Pro 11. Probably because all my logins are through Safari while on the iPhone, I use the banking apps.
Yeah a few banking apps etc… but it doesn’t appear still which is strange.

It does appear for Face ID on my iPhone and iPad Pro though…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.