Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StartlePixie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2019
Hello everyone! This is the first time I post on the forum, but I have been having a very annoying issue and thought that maybe someone can share their wisdom with me.

I have an early 2011 MacBook Pro (my current budget does not allow for an upgrade). It works fine, but for one issue: a year ago the mouse started moving uncontrollably. I took it to a neighbourhood IT guy, as Apple no longer offered services and the authorised repair shop in the city where I was had an opening in three weeks. Plus, the guy had a compatible second-hand touchpad available.

The new touchpad worked fine until two days ago, when I started having the same issues with the mouse.

Now I am trying to figure out if it is the touchpad or something else.

This may or may not be related, but I started noticing some issues when I connected the computer via a mini hdmi to the TV.

Background info: I run High Sierra. My hard drives are new, but I need to replace the battery. I have bought a new one, but one screw is stuck, so I cannot remove the old one. I am currently in a very remote place, so I have to make do with the resources here. Otherwise the computer is behaving great.

Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.