Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

james*b

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Does anyone have any suggestions about a tourist apps that use GPS and that guide you round visits of cities and towns on foot? I was hoping to find an app that combined the basic routing functionality of Google maps, but that also lets you plan and store multi-stop trips and routes location by location, and ideally even has all the sites and special points of interest marked. Thanks!

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Try Pocket Earth (I think there is a free and a paid version). You can download offline maps for free and points of interest are marked on the map. About many points of interest you can get info via the build in wikipedia.

It has some basic route planning, but I haven't used that so far.

NavySEAL6

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2006
Does anyone have any suggestions about a tourist apps that use GPS and that guide you round visits of cities and towns on foot? I was hoping to find an app that combined the basic routing functionality of Google maps, but that also lets you plan and store multi-stop trips and routes location by location, and ideally even has all the sites and special points of interest marked. Thanks!

You're in luck! Check the new update on the iPad App Store there's some great travel apps. One sounds like what you're describing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.