Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
How do you track a lost iPhone if you don’t have any other Apple device. My lad tried signing into iCloud.com but it sent a verification code to the phone. 🙈

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
You cant until you get access to your trusted number for two factor verification? How many numbers have you got registered. For example I have mine and my partner’s mobile registered on my Apple ID as trusted numbers and vice versa. If one get lost or stolen atleast I do not loose access to my Apple ID.

Is that phone part of family sharing?

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
You cant until you get access to your trusted number for two factor verification? How many numbers have you got registered. For example I have mine and my partner’s mobile registered on my Apple ID as trusted numbers and vice versa. If one get lost or stolen atleast I do not loose access to my Apple ID.

Is that phone part of family sharing?
It’s my lads girlfriends phone so won’t be trusted numbers on it but think you can log in on a pc to get to find my

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Have not had to do this myself, but, in theory:

To continue without entering a code, click the Find iPhone button under “Or get quick access to.”

And, the girlfriend really needs to setup a trusted number to send codes to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.