Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaveWotzit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Hi,

I reading the description for the Apple Trackpad 2 and one of the first things mentioned was force touch:

"Magic Trackpad 2 includes a built-in battery and brings Force Touch to the desktop for the first time."

How much use is this on a iMac? Does El Cap even support it or do we have to wait for macOS? I've never seen any comments about it.

Thanks

Crosscreek

macrumors 68030
Nov 19, 2013
Margarittaville
Hi,

I reading the description for the Apple Trackpad 2 and one of the first things mentioned was force touch:

"Magic Trackpad 2 includes a built-in battery and brings Force Touch to the desktop for the first time."

How much use is this on a iMac? Does El Cap even support it or do we have to wait for macOS? I've never seen any comments about it.

Thanks
It works really well and if you like trackpads it's the way to go. It requires El Capitan. I have 2 Apple trackpads and I getting ready to sell my trackpad 2. I have an old trackpad 1 I'm going to use but I'm investing in a good gaming mouse so I really don't need it any longer. The trackpad 1 is a little slow and archaic compared with the trackpad 2.

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
Yes, it's really good.

It was released in October last year, so El Capitan supports it (and the trackpad requires it). Bluetooth 4.0 is further required for wireless operation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.