Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Governor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
So the trackpad on my mba is broke. Not the whole trackpad, specifically the button. It's still functional and I'm able to click on things, but the best way to describe it would be to picture a teeter-totter ride. If I click on one side, the other side pops up, if I click on the popped up side then the opposite side will sink down (well below the surface of the area around the trackpad). And if I click anywhere in the middle, it may or may not work.

I am already in the process of having it replaced, through apple warranty.
I just wanted to see if this is a common break in the mba, and others have had similar issues with the trackpad?

dokindo

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2009
I have the same exact problem on an MBA rev A that I bought refurb about 6 months ago.

This is my first apple computer so not sure exactly how the warranty works or whether it will cover this item. I have an appt at the genius bar tmrw. Any suggestions?

jfyrfytr25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
I have the same exact problem on an MBA rev A that I bought refurb about 6 months ago.

This is my first apple computer so not sure exactly how the warranty works or whether it will cover this item. I have an appt at the genius bar tmrw. Any suggestions?

did you notice the date of the post?

you resurected a thread that is almost a year old. that guy has probably sold that MBA already and bought a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.