Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

craigatkinson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
My trackpad on my macbook pro won't scroll correctly on the macrumors.com home page. I can only scroll about little ways down the page and I can't go any further. If I want to scroll further I have to grab the scroll bar and manually pull it down. The macrumors website is the only website I have this problem on. I would expect something like that on a website designed for a windows machine, but it seems strange that a website designed for mac machines would have this problem. Anyone else experience this problem?

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Make sure that your mouse pointer isn't on an ad when you try to scroll as it will scroll that table instead of the whole page.

Doesn't happen to me on the homepage and i have no ads on there.

craigatkinson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
eva01 said:
Make sure that your mouse pointer isn't on an ad when you try to scroll as it will scroll that table instead of the whole page.

Doesn't happen to me on the homepage and i have no ads on there.

Actually I think that was the problem. There was an ad on the home page that my cursor was resting on as I scrolled down the page. When my cursor hit that ad my trackpad stopped scrolling.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
sometimes my Macbook stops scrolling and if you move the mouse it works again, maybe that's why (though it does it in other programs too...)

craigatkinson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
dmw007 said:
No problems here with using my MacBook Pro's trackpad on the MR home page. :)
It probably depends on which browser your using (though I'm not sure I've only tried it in Safari), but open up the home page and put your cursor in the middle of the page, then do the two finger scroll and when your cursor hits the first ad it should stop the page from scrolling any further. I imagine it would be the case with all macbook pros, but I may be wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.