Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dries**

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
any know when the new trackpad gonna apepear on macbook
macbookpro already got it

grtz

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Maybe the next revision, but you have to realize that the MacBook Pro is nearly double the price so it is going to have new features before the MacBook.

dries**

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008

yea i know but
they both got at the same time the new processors
soo
why not the pad

TheStu

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2006
Carlisle, PA
yea i know but
they both got at the same time the new processors
soo
why not the pad

Same reason why the MacBook Pro, which is actually thinner than the MacBook, has a discrete GPU, but the MacBook doesn't. Same reason why the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air have LED backlights, and the MacBook doesn't.

The MacBook is a consumer laptop, that is significantly cheaper than the rest, and is already outselling them. Giving it all the selling features of the more expensive counterparts is fairly silly from a business standpoint.

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Aug 19, 2006
makes sense
but is the pad gonna appear on the macbook?

The new trackpad is overrated. The pinch and swipe thing is a little silly.

How often does someone pinch a picture?

For swiping, just hit the arrow keys....

I don't get the hubup about a multitouch trackpad.

I own an iPhone and love it, but on a laptop, at least in its current form, multitouch is overrated.

hookem12387

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2007
Austin, Texas
The new trackpad is overrated. The pinch and swipe thing is a little silly.

How often does someone pinch a picture?

For swiping, just hit the arrow keys....

I don't get the hubup about a multitouch trackpad.

I own an iPhone and love it, but on a laptop, at least in its current form, multitouch is overrated.

I was thinking that might be the case

r-gordon-7

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2007
Luckily, the MacBook already has the best (the "granddaddy"?) of these somewhat related features... the "two finger scroll"... The others would be nice, to be sure, but far less "essential"...

r-gordon-7

tsice19

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
I personally don't care for the MBA... especially the multi-touch. It's great on the ipod touch/iphone but on a laptop I hate it.

They swipe and pinch stuff on a laptop are silly gimmicks that would take time to get used to. Especially if you have other laptops...

I really do believe that they are just those types of features you show to your friends so they can be jealous :rolleyes:

They only feature I really like is two finger scoll, but I already have it.

I'm pretty sure this is an app that adds gestures to a regular macbook touch pad, but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me. Could someone please post the name?

Domofloge

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2008
New Jersey
At first i really wanted the multi-touch trackpad, but now it seems kinda pointless. I dont think i would even use it to tell you the truth..

IMO the Macbook wont see a multitouch trackpad..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.