Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

v4npro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2021
Hello,

This is the first time coming back to Apple since the original iPhone on AT&T. I traded in my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G in RED. Friday I wanted to check the status of the trade-in so I searched online to see how to do that. They(online) said to use the Apple Store app. So, I opened the app and saw the message "revised trade-in value." I thought that was odd because it still showed the correct value in the app of $400. I accepted. Later in the day, due to how the notifications differ than Android, I saw the trade-in email saying the new value is $0.00 reason "Incorrect model identification." That is just not true. I have pictures of my device before putting it in the trade-in box, I have the invoice from Samsung purchasing of that device. It's in perfect condition. I am currently on hold with support over the phone with no luck so far. Why doesn't the Apple Store app show reasons for trade-in even though in this case it wasn't true! This is totally unacceptable. I've been on the phone with Apple support for almost 2 hours now to figure this out.

Any other suggestions that can help me?
Thank you

InkedIMG_0039_LI.jpg
InkedInkedIMG_0038_LI.jpg
IMG_0007.JPEG
IMG_0005.JPEG
IMG_0040.PNG

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Just ask them to return the device and cancel the trade in. You can always sell it somewhere else.

v4npro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2021
Just ask them to return the device and cancel the trade in. You can always sell it somewhere else.
Hi JPack,

I accepted the trade-in in the Apple Store app due to my confusion as stated above. Is cancelling the trade-in still possible?

v4npro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2021
The support agent came back on the phone at the 2 hour 25 min mark. I stated if I can still cancel and she said yes you can because they didn't see it on their end that I accepted the trade-in. I got a email notification that it was cancelled. I'm just going to sell the Note20 myself now. What a headache.

Reactions: 1DaHammer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.