Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
I was just checking my trade in value for my iPhone 7+ (128GB), and the best I got from eCommerce sites here is ~$120.
Money is still money, so anything to be put towards a newer phone is probably good, and less old stuff in your house. When you guys are trading in your older iPhones, how low would you accept until you think it's not worth the trade and just keep the old phone?

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Well for me, I've used Swappa for many sales and purchases. I use this website to estimate used value. So when Apple gave me just about the amount a used XS Max is trending, it is worth it for me. Relieves the hassle of trying to sell, package, and hoping for the best when shipped.

This is how I value trade in

Reactions: ian87w and jntdroid

tis

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2020
I always sell myself. I’ve never had an issues and always get more than I could by trading the phone in.

jntdroid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Well for me, I've used Swappa for many sales and purchases. I use this website to estimate used value. So when Apple gave me just about the amount a used XS Max is trending, it is worth it for me. Relieves the hassle of trying to sell, package, and hoping for the best when shipped.

This is how I value trade in

Ditto here. Swappa is great. But if the trade-in value is within $100 of what Swappa shows as their sale trends on a device, I'll just trade it in due to the hassle factor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.