Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CarnelianClout

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2023
When the Iphone 16 comes out, I am planning on trading in my current Iphone - or selling it independently. What do you think the trade in value would be for the base model Iphone 13, going into the base model Iphone 16 be? Would it be reasonable to do through Apple?

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
When the Iphone 16 comes out, I am planning on trading in my current Iphone - or selling it independently. What do you think the trade in value would be for the base model Iphone 13, going into the base model Iphone 16 be? Would it be reasonable to do through Apple?
Mint condition, no 3rd party spareparts and decent battery im guessing around $300 and maybe $200 trade in.

dan_s

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2018
I just bought a Woot A grade 13pro 128gig for 498 with a 1 year warranty

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Trading through Apple tends to be the "Safest" method - they're not likely to scam you, as long as you're honest about the condition of the phone.

You can get more money by selling the phone directly - but there's a hassle-factor, and the possibility of being scammed. I live in a small-ish town so the other possibilities are mostly online, where scams are more common. Meeting someone locally & selling for cash reduces that possibility, but that means increased hassle - and the possibility of being robbed, etc.

Personally, I just use Apple & take what I can get.

Flamingdeathbolts

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2023
On Apple.com they are currently offering $320 trade in value on iphone13 and $220 trade in value on iphone12. Once iPhone16 comes would figure Apple would give you at least $220 on your iPhone that would be 3 generations old at that point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.