Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
Hi Guys

Just trying to get an idea what people think of the Apple trade in values. Should I just trade in my 11pro and take the $300 or should I try and sell on my own? I feel like $300 isn't a fair value for this phone that still works great? Am I being cheap?

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
I would take the quick and easy route. You might get more but at what cost? Unnecessary messages. The world isn't safer today. Selling on ebay/swappa/local takes time/efforts. I would trade to apple but again how much is your time worth? I know our income levels might be different too.

Reactions: whattodo11

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
I would take the quick and easy route. You might get more but at what cost? Unnecessary messages. The world isn't safer today. Selling on ebay/swappa/local takes time/efforts. I would trade to apple but again how much is your time worth? I know our income levels might be different too.
Exactly what I was thinking. I mean can I get another $50 for it? Answer a bunch of stupid messages and then have to meet up with someone and haggle. I'll take the $300 lol

rhemy123

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2021
Apple may be 100 (which isn’t likel) to 50 cheaper than the used American market, but it is still a good deal. Remember you’ll have to compete with everyone else trying to sell that phone and that drives down the price. After a year the phone usually holds around half its value. Maybe 100-200 more than Half, but if it starts encroaching on lower end pricing for a newer phone people will just pay the difference to get it via official channels.

Reactions: iHeartsteve
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.