Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

balaplus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2017
iPhones always retained their value which made the high asking price palatable.
Not anymore..
Iphone Xs max trade in value is just £390 :(

Reactions: BluefinTuna

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Not anymore..
What did you expect when there are crap ton of iPhones out in the wild?

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Not anymore..
You have to sell them as a private seller. Apple has always offered low prices for trade in. This is nothing new. Them retaining their value is for private party sale. The price will go down a little bit once the new phones ship because people are selling their old phones. More supply means lower prices.

Zune55

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2015
Not anymore..
You can get around 150 pounds more if you sell on eBay i think. So total around 540 pounds.

Dented

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2009
Apple are charging you a steep premium for being lazy; as others have said if you want the actual trade in value you have to sell it privately and realise it yourself. If you want Apple to do that you basically have to pay them for their time on top, hence the derisory sums they’re offering.

KOTN91

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2017
All the usual fanboys will be lapping it up I guess

Just don’t fall for it. There’s no difference between your max and the new models. Except a better camera, which has been good enough since the iPhone 5. And a faster chip, when in reality the iPhone 7 is fast enough to be able to do anything you need with a phone

Arguably the new one is even a downgrade from the XS max, as the design is revolting with those 3 cameras, that midnight green is hideous too. A cheeky price raise in the uk too for the pro, can’t see how they’re gonna sell many of these tbh.

I’ll be keeping the XR until it’s no longer supported and spending the cash on something more fun

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Not anymore..
Has the value gone down or are these Apple's trade in values? Apple offer lower than other places like mazuma, O2 recycle or carphone warehouse.

I got £660 for my xs max on Saturday.

BluefinTuna

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2019
I do find it interesting that the iPhone X has a higher trade in value than the iPhone Xr. In addition, the iPhone Xs commands only $100 more than the iPhone X. That is very telling.

Kal-037

macrumors 68020
Maybe this is part of how they are dealing with the tariff stuff for now. Hmmm. Either way I get to upgrade my phone without any down payments or anything since I’m on T-Mobile’s Jump+ (got it in 2013, they stopped selling it, but I pay for it each month so yay!) lol

I think I’m going to go for the Silver iPhone Pro Max this time... green is interesting, gold looks less cool this time around but Space Gray is cool as usual. What to get... what to get?

Reactions: balaplus

balaplus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2017
Has the value gone down or are these Apple's trade in values? Apple offer lower than other places like mazuma, O2 recycle or carphone warehouse.

I got £660 for my xs max on Saturday.
You made your move before the announcement didn't you :)

RossP81

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2016
How long are the prices locked in with the likes of Music Magpie, O2 Recycle and Mazuma ? Thanks Ross

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
Can I get trade-in value for my iPhone 7+ And if so, how do I go about getting it?

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
All the usual fanboys will be lapping it up I guess

Just don’t fall for it. There’s no difference between your max and the new models. Except a better camera, which has been good enough since the iPhone 5. And a faster chip, when in reality the iPhone 7 is fast enough to be able to do anything you need with a phone

Arguably the new one is even a downgrade from the XS max, as the design is revolting with those 3 cameras, that midnight green is hideous too. A cheeky price raise in the uk too for the pro, can’t see how they’re gonna sell many of these tbh.

I’ll be keeping the XR until it’s no longer supported and spending the cash on something more fun

“There’s no difference, except this, this, this, and that.”

This is a horrible hot take.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.