Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I don’t think there’s any problem with just concluding that perhaps the Trail Loop isn’t for you. There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s nice that we have so many options to choose from so everyone can have their own favorites.

Personally, I don’t find the Sport or Ocean Bands to be as comfortable as most people here seem to. My favorite band is the Alpine Loop. But I’m in the minority on both of those and that’s okay, too.
100% agree, I just really wanted to love the Trail loop. My favorite combo was the black and grey from last year, but just never could make them work on my wrist. I thought for sure they woud since the sport loop is money for me, but for some reason it just doesnt.

I am with you the sport and ocean. I guess the material is the issue. I actually prefer the solo loop to those. My real problem is trying to find that 1 band. The band I can wear every day, and then take in the ocean and pool if I wanted to. The Alpine is very comfortable, but not the best in water. Just a struggle I have. Hoping Apple offers a new Ultra band style when the refresh comes at the end of the year. Although with how popular the ocean seems here, maybe they see no need.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2018
100% agree, I just really wanted to love the Trail loop. My favorite combo was the black and grey from last year, but just never could make them work on my wrist. I thought for sure they woud since the sport loop is money for me, but for some reason it just doesnt.

I am with you the sport and ocean. I guess the material is the issue. I actually prefer the solo loop to those. My real problem is trying to find that 1 band. The band I can wear every day, and then take in the ocean and pool if I wanted to. The Alpine is very comfortable, but not the best in water. Just a struggle I have. Hoping Apple offers a new Ultra band style when the refresh comes at the end of the year. Although with how popular the ocean seems here, maybe they see no need.
I think the solo loop would cover all your bases.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2018
Yeah I think so. Just ordered another larger size. Not so snug. Loosing weight, so the smaller should be good in several months
I’ve read many times of how people’s solos have stretched, but mine never have.

Get what fits you now, you’ll be ok.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2018
Yeah I think people put the braided solos and the solo loops together and they aren’t the same. I have never had one stretch before.
By the way, I had to return my sport bands.

I just couldn't find a comfortable fit, in either of the sizes. And I find the material too "tough" as I'm used to solos, BSLs and my sport loops.

Oh well, just one of those things.

At least we have options.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
By the way, I had to return my sport bands.

I just couldn't find a comfortable fit, in either of the sizes. And I find the material too "tough" as I'm used to solos, BSLs and my sport loops.

Oh well, just one of those things.

At least we have options.

Yes the sport bands are just like the ocean bands in that they are super thick and not real flexible. The ocean is worse than the sport band because it’s so thick. Solo loops and BSL are the best for that. The only problem I have with the SL is breathable. It’s not at all.

But yes, at least we have choices. Unfortunately we are using any of the bands made for the Ultra lol

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2018
Yes the sport bands are just like the ocean bands in that they are super thick and not real flexible. The ocean is worse than the sport band because it’s so thick. Solo loops and BSL are the best for that. The only problem I have with the SL is breathable. It’s not at all.

But yes, at least we have choices. Unfortunately we are using any of the bands made for the Ultra lol
I wear the 41mm SS, so can't try the Ultra straps.

I don't mind, though, as none of them really take my fancy.

I'm good with what I've got 👍.

Reactions: bmac4
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.