Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TallGuyGT

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
NYC
When I applied and was approved for Apple Card, I was using an iPhone with an older Apple ID. (keep it around for travel and swap SIMs)

I'd like the Apple Card to be linked to my main Apple ID, but am not sure how to make that happen. With regular credit cards it's easy - you can add them to either / both Apple IDs, but obviously don't have the deep iOS integration.

Anyone have an idea how to move an Apple Card from one Apple ID to another? (I know I can cancel on one ID and re-apply on the other, but I like the high limit and decent APR I have on the card now.)

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Apple Card is just like any other credit card. It can be removed from the wallet app. If you do not have the Titanium card, request one. That will make it easier. I don't believe Apple Card is tied to an Apple ID. Once you've applied, your good to go.

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
Apple Card is just like any other credit card. It can be removed from the wallet app. If you do not have the Titanium card, request one. That will make it easier. I don't believe Apple Card is tied to an Apple ID. Once you've applied, your good to go.
Nope Apple Card is tied to an Apple ID so this advise wouldn’t work.
[doublepost=1568005048][/doublepost]
When I applied and was approved for Apple Card, I was using an iPhone with an older Apple ID. (keep it around for travel and swap SIMs)

I'd like the Apple Card to be linked to my main Apple ID, but am not sure how to make that happen. With regular credit cards it's easy - you can add them to either / both Apple IDs, but obviously don't have the deep iOS integration.

Anyone have an idea how to move an Apple Card from one Apple ID to another? (I know I can cancel on one ID and re-apply on the other, but I like the high limit and decent APR I have on the card now.)
The Apple Card is tied to a single Apple ID. You could try calling/texting with Apple or Goldman Sachs to see if they will transfer it to your other ID.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Nope Apple Card is tied to an Apple ID so this advise wouldn’t work.
[doublepost=1568005048][/doublepost]
The Apple Card is tied to a single Apple ID. You could try calling/texting with Apple or Goldman Sachs to see if they will transfer it to your other ID.

It will either be one of the easiest process or the biggest headache in the world haha.

honestLambda

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2020

Did this ever get resolved? have the same issue going on. What a fail.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Did this ever get resolved? have the same issue going on. What a fail.
you will have to pay off that Apple Card and then close it out. Then when you sign in with your new Apple ID, you can apply for a new Apple Card again under the new ID. Goldman Sachs advised to wait 30 days before applying for the new card but I did it just a few days later and it went through. It's the stupidest process I've ever heard of. Did it for my wife and I....what a pain!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.