Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OldCorpse

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
compost heap
I'm on the lastest iOS and iPadOS on my iPhone 6S and iPad Air 3 respectively. I have a ton of books on both the iPhone and the iPad, but the problem is that these are different groups of books - the ones on the iPhone are not on the iPad and vice versa. What I'd like to do is consolidate all the books together so that I have the same on both the iPhone and the iPad.

One complication is that the books are in a variety of formats: epub, mobi, pdf and so forth. I also use various apps to read those books and have them on both devices - Apple's Books app of course (for epub files), but also GoodReader (which I use to read pdf files on), Kindle and MOBIReader apps (for mobi files).

I have just the regular iCloud account of 5GB of which I currently use about 700MB.

I also have an iMac with High Sierra and iTunes.

So what would be the best method to BULK transfer books from iPhone to iPad and vice versa, so I have the same books on both of these devices? I know I could probably do it one by one, but that would be tedious in the extreme as I have hundreds and hundreds of books. What I really need is some kind of bulk transfer that's hopefully not too complicated. Maybe there's some kind of export function so I can get them all in one place and then consolidate, or whatnot...?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Oh, an important point: NONE of the books are purchased from Apple or Amazon, just books that I have from other sources.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.