Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WallySpoons

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2017
Hi

Whenever I have got a new phone and used "Restore from iCloud" to transfer my data, I always seem to have to download a load of things manually over and over.. eg. downloaded music local to the phone on Apple Music, some apps, emails (especially ones not in my main inbox but in other folders) etc.

What's the best way to migrate (SE to X) without having to do all these things individually. I just want to set it going, leave it (overnight / hours if necessary) then come back and my new phone is all set up by itself.

Ta

C

valenrandy

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Hi

Whenever I have got a new phone and used "Restore from iCloud" to transfer my data, I always seem to have to download a load of things manually over and over.. eg. downloaded music local to the phone on Apple Music, some apps, emails (especially ones not in my main inbox but in other folders) etc.

What's the best way to migrate (SE to X) without having to do all these things individually. I just want to set it going, leave it (overnight / hours if necessary) then come back and my new phone is all set up by itself.

Ta

C

My switchover was very seamless. I purchased an iPhone X yesterday and did not power it on until I arrived home. I had my older 7+ with me and turned on the new X. New iphone went through some processes and updates it needed and then out of nowhere the 7+ prompted me if I wanted my data transferred to new device. I continued with that and it asked to keep both devices close to each other. My 7+ had about 170gb worth of data and as of this morning waking up all has been transferred over apps, photos, videos and messages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.