Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sovre

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2019
Hi everyone.

I am currently using a 7+ but just ordered an 11.

If possible I would like to copy the entire contents of my phone to the new phone, including music, audiobooks, etc.

So far as I understand it this is possible by restoring an icloud backup of the old phone onto the new phone - but I don't use icloud and would rather not purchase it, especially since I am using almost the entire 250 gb of my iphone 7!

I know that if I restore from itunes it will not restore music, audibooks, etc. and I do not use the syncing feature.

Is there any other way I can do a full transfer of the contents of my old phone to the new one? is there third party software that does this, or any other option?

Thank you!

P.S.

In case it matters: My 7 is running ios 13. I don't know what ios will come installed on the new phone, but I assume it will be either 14 or 15. - so systemwise they will not be compatible.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
i have always restored from an encrypted backup from itunes and had everything transfer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.