Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luccatoni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2020
Hello everybody, since yesterday, i now struggle with the topic, before I put the iPhone back on, you are my last hope.

I have the iPhone 12 mini with iOS 14.2.1 and would like to transfer this to my 11 pro with iOS 14.2 because I can't get along with the Mini. When transferring from iPhone and iPhone, the error message “Data transfer could not be completed. Please reset your iPhone. " I suspect that, similar to a backup, I cannot import the backup from a higher iOS version to a lower one. Unfortunately, 14.2.1 had to be published for the 12 series due to the known problems.

Maybe someone else has a tip. If it doesn't work, I'll have to bite the bullet and put the device back on. Thank you!

edk99

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
FL
Can't go backwards so need to wait for 14.2.1 or 14.3 to be available for your iPhone 11.

Luccatoni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2020
OK, too bad. Now when I set it up as a new iphone, I want to delete it completely. Does it make more sense to restore it via the Mac and then without a backup, or is there no difference in simply deleting it via the iphone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.