Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deltakon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
I hope this thread is in the right category.

I have a Macbook, I am trying to transfer a folder with files in it to my server but when I try to do that my computer opens the folder and in the folder there is another folder and opens that folder as well until all the files are visible. A bit complicated to explain but I need to upload the whole folder and not one file at a time when the computer opens. Do you know what I can do to transfer the whole folder easily?

organicCPU

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2016
Sometimes easy tasks don't work. My blind guess is that you try to transfer a folder from one Finder window to another Finder window through a FTP connection and that you should use a FTP client like Cyberduck instead to get this done.

Maybe we can find out how to solve this. Can you give us some more details:
  • Are you talking about a local web server on another Mac or on the same Macbook or about a remote web server you are trying to transferring to?
  • How are you exactly connecting to the server (SMB, AFP, FTP etc.)?
  • How are you exactly transferring the files (Finder drag'n'drop, FTP client, rsync, git, etc.)?
  • Do you know if there are symlinks or hardlinks in the source folder?
  • Do you know what are the file privileges in the source and destination folder (user, group, etc)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.