Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

huedrant

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
Hi,

so I try to get rolling with this iPad1 32GB I recently found. It is running 5.1.1 - and actually, I really like this piece of hardware.
Now my Mac is on Catalina and I would like to transfer MP3 files to the iPad. Without iTunes, because my Music collection is stored in plain folders on a NAS.
So Catalina has no iTunes anyways and I tried to figure out the new way for iOS Transfers. This video here explains it and I also set my Preferences to "Manually manage Music". But I couldn't drag any files onto the finder window for the iPad. This means, I technically can drag files onto the iPad in finder, but nothing happens. No copying, nothing.
I also tried A Mac app called "EaseUS MobiMover", but this only works with iOS8+.

Any idea how I can just drag music from finder to the iPad1 these days?

Last edited:

Snoozer23

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2020
I have a similar situation with an old Mac book pro. The screen went on it years back and I never got around to having it repaired. I recently fired it up and the screen was still blacked out. After sitting for several minutes, the screen came on? The last ios update was Snow Leopard and have an itunes library on it which has tons of songs in it. Half of them are MP3 which I created from my old CD's. How in the world can I transfer these files to my iphone X?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.