Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

multicore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
I'm needing some help here. I would like to use a photo my wife took on her iPhone 11 as my desktop background on my iMac. She has shared it with me over email and messages, but when I select it as background image, it applies alright, but with a pop-up that says "low res image, a higher res can be had with transfer to disk" or something along that line. And the image is truly low-res. How do I go about a disk transfer of the image? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Sending a hi res image over Messages will usually compress it automatically whether you want it to or not. So don't do it that way. Sending one large image as an attachment to an email usually won't compress it if you choose to send it maximum size.
Copying it to iCloud and then downloading it won't change it at all.

Once you get it on your Mac, check out its properties in Finder by highlighting it, then go to:
File/Get info/More info

From the Get info window you can see the dimensions and file size of the image.

Reactions: multicore

Black Baron

Suspended
Nov 8, 2020
Germany
Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 18.10.25.png

If this is set to Deny ... Airdrop won't work if you have Firewall activated in System Prefs. Some do have troubles
getting their Airdrop working properly iPhone < -- > Mac. However, if you have a Security Update installed, the
Allow or Deny dialog box might not pop up on your mac for whatever reason. I don't know how to add that entry
"manually" for "sharingd".

Anyone knows what "touristd" is for?

Regards,

BLACK BARON
Design / Photo / Art / Music

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.