Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssdeg7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
Hi there, i'd like to know if there's a way to transfer photos from an iPhone 4 to an iPad BUT the metadata must remain intact. For example right now if I enter my Photos app on my iPhone my photos are arranged by moments, collections and years, when I transfer them to my iPad I want those moments, collections and years to remain as they are.

I've tried lots of alternatives (most of them involve a Mac as a middleman) but at the end when I enter my iPad it's as if I had taken all of my photos se same date.

If anybody knows a way i'd really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Last edited:

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
Haven't tried any yet, actually I don't have any, can you recommend any you've tested before? Thanks for trying to help me.

Highly recomend you try PhotoSync by touch byte GmbH, works with all iDevices and also Macs.

Great app for transferring pics and vids via wifi, had it from day 1, doenst disappoint.

ssdeg7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
Highly recomend you try PhotoSync by touch byte GmbH, works with all iDevices and also Macs.

When I transfer them do they maintain the date and location intact? For example if I had a photo from last year when I transfer it to my iPad will it appear in Photos as if it were from last year?

Sorry, all I've used is AirPlay.

I'll try to transfer using Airplay on iOS 8 and my Mac (once it's available on the betas)

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
When I transfer them do they maintain the date and location intact? For example if I had a photo from last year when I transfer it to my iPad will it appear in Photos as if it were from last year?

I'll try to transfer using Airplay on iOS 8 and my Mac (once it's available on the betas)

Yes.
http://photosync-app.com/

I also vouch for it. Fantastic. Used it a lot before AirDrop.

Still use it at work, in my lab to my corp windows box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.