Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redapplesonly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2022
Hi everyone, first time poster here. My beloved iPod died (gah!) and as a replacement, I bought a refurbished iPhone 8 (iOS 15.6.1). Once I got the phone, I plugged it into my Windows laptop, fired up iTunes (ver 12.12.4.1) on the laptop, and then manually dragged-and-dropped all my music into the phone. When I was done, iTunes showed me that my music was on the phone. (See attached screenshot)

Ok, great. The music is on the phone. Now my question is... how do I listen to it?

When I look at the phone, I don't see any obvious "Play Music" app. When I browse "Files" / "On My iPhone", I don't see anything saved locally.

So what the heck? I'm assuming the music is on the phone, but I've got no clue how to play it. Do I need to download a music-playing app from the iTunes store or something? Any advice is gratefully appreciated, thank you.

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 118

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
You use "Music" app to play music synced through iTunes. Although, you are managing music manually more or less so Idk how that one works. I just build my own iTunes library and sync it to my iOS device.

redapplesonly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2022
Hi Shirasaki, thanks for writing, I so appreciate it. Are you saying that there should be a "Music" app on my phone? I'm afraid I don't see one. Thanks!

redapplesonly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2022
Ah HA!!! Yes, there is, and my music stuff is in there. Thanks, you've done me a huge favor. Good karma on you!

Reactions: Scoot65
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.