Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lastchaosplay11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2017
Recently I've been on a vacation and made a bunch of videos (mostly 4k and full hd) and photos. The number of them are over 1.1k, and I would really like to transfer ALL of them, or at least 80% of them to a windows PC so I can cut and edit the videos in Vegas.

Well, I tried all kind of methods, starting from icloud download, to different softwares which should make this easier, but it didn't work for me. And it's not because I can't copy them on the PC, it's the freakin QUALITY! I tried sending just a couple videos in email, separately and compared them with the ones that were downloaded from icloud/moved with a software. Needless to say, difference was huge.

Since I have too much picture and videos on my phone, and from My Computer it would take forever to select all the files cause they are randomly thrown in different folders God knows why.

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me out, I really wanna edit these videos in full resolution :(

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
I transfer my stuff with iMazing and haven't noticed any drop in quality, have you tried it? Trial version has some free transfers so worth testing.

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
Would be nice if it was something free, as I won't use it too often. I'll try it btw.
There were iFunBox and 3utools among free solutions, but I really don't know how good they are and if it's safe to use them. Both seem to be Chinese projects...

I had same concerns about iMazing when purchased, but now it's my N1 tool for file transfer/backups, and I could finally say 'farewell iTunes' :)

lastchaosplay11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2017
There were iFunBox and 3utools among free solutions, but I really don't know how good they are and if it's safe to use them. Both seem to be Chinese projects...

I had same concerns about iMazing when purchased, but now it's my N1 tool for file transfer/backups, and I could finally say 'farewell iTunes' :)

If it really has a free trial for a couple files, I need to check and see if they really don't reduce the quality of the pictures and videos, but to be honest I really wouldn't like to pay like 40-50$ just to use this for file transfer once or twice a year.

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
If it really has a free trial for a couple files, I need to check and see if they really don't reduce the quality of the pictures and videos, but to be honest I really wouldn't like to pay like 40-50$ just to use this for file transfer once or twice a year.

Yep, they have test trasfers for most features in trial and some features are free.

Reactions: lastchaosplay11

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
I miss the old days when you could just connect you iPhone and transfer the photo/video files right in the file explorer. I haven't even figured out yet how to get them off now that they've prevented me from doing so (which I cannot understand why).

lastchaosplay11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2017
I miss the old days when you could just connect you iPhone and transfer the photo/video files right in the file explorer. I haven't even figured out yet how to get them off now that they've prevented me from doing so (which I cannot understand why).

You can do it from my computer, but it's really messed up, bunch of folders and none of them are in order.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
You can do it from my computer, but it's really messed up, bunch of folders and none of them are in order.

I used to do it that way but for some reason it won't let me anymore. I'm not sure if it's due to Apple or Microsoft, or if it's just bugged. Would love to be able to finally get them off the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.