Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
Hey everyone, we just got back from vacation. The one where I forgot the camera and wound up with a couple hundred photos on the phone. Is there a way to transfer the photos from the phone to the iMac quickly? The phone is iOS 15.7.6 and iMac is macos 13.4. Otherwise I am sending 4 photos at a time to my email addy to xfer.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Morod

SalisburySam

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2019
Salisbury, North Carolina
On my setup* I connect my iPhone to my iMac, Photos opens, and I’m presented with the option to import all photos. I’m also presented the option to delete them from the iPhone or not. Import is very quick, seconds for dozens of photos, minutes for more but still quick. Even the occasional video is fast.

*iPhone13mini’s (2) running iOSv16.5, 2017 iMac running Monterey whatever the current incarnation of that is. Until about six months ago we had an iPhoneSE1stgen and an iPhone7. Same process, slightly slower than the iPhone13minis but still pretty fast imports.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morod

mmkerc

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2014
As indicated the best way is to hardware between phone and Mac (lighting cable). I believe with those OSes you can also airdrop to your Mac over wifi.

Reactions: Morod

Morod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
Thank you both for the quick replies!
I've never used Image Capture or Air Drop (time to do some homework) but SS gave me an option I could figure out. Thanks much for a LOT of tedious time saved.

Reactions: kitKAC
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.