Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluegecko7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Hi all,
I'm planning to pick-up an iPhone 15 Pro 256GB from the Apple Store next week.

I'm currently using an iPhone 13 Pro 256GB running iOS 15.7 (as I've been too afraid of those battery drain threads to update it).
I plan to do a side-by-side transfer to the new iPhone when I get it, which I think(?) is faster than iCloud restore.

Will I need to update to latest iOS to move my data from the iPhone 13 to the iPhone 15?
Is it faster to transfer data from an iPhone nearby over an iCloud backup restore?

I have an iCloud backup anyway, I'm just not sure I can restore from it without updating to iOS 16.

Given the choice I would prefer to back-up and restore via a cable to my Win10 PC, but since this is a new PC I don't know if doing an iTunes back-up to it will essentially wipe everything on my iPhone to do the first sync, as previously I backed it up to iTunes on my old Win7 PC.

Can anyone offer any advice?

I'd rather make the jump to iOS 16 this week if I will be forced to update my iPhone 13 anyway to restore my data to the iPhone 15.

Thanks,
Stu

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.