Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmm55

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2018
I have an iphone 12 mini, and I'd like to transfer some large video files to my MSI computer that has blutooth, but I'm not so tech savvy and have no idea how this is done. I'd be grateful if someone could give me some starting point.

jaytv111

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
I don't think iPhones support Bluetooth file transfer. You can plug it in and use iTunes to transfer photos or videos, that's how most people are transferring, but infamously it's limited to USB 2.0 speeds as it uses Lightning with no USB 3.0.

You can transfer files over wifi as well but you'd have to look up and learn how to do this with network shares and all.

jmm55

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2018
I did manage to get my iphone to see my laptop, but when I go to send the video somewhere I don't see an option for blutooth transfer to my computer.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
I think you are ver tech savvy, I have no idea what a MSI computer is!
the only way I can send a photo using my iPhone 12 mini is airplay and airdrop.
I can't even pair my iPhone with my MacBook Air m1, Ventura via bluetooth.

I have an iphone 12 mini, and I'd like to transfer some large video files to my MSI computer that has blutooth, but I'm not so tech savvy and have no idea how this is done. I'd be grateful if someone could give me some starting point.

jaytv111

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
Airdrop works only between Apple devices, at least officially.

Bluetooth is limited to what Apple supports, and Apple does not support the file transfer profile in Bluetooth. Instead they support Airdrop or iTunes or you can use your network connection between the devices to transfer files using the files app, a little complicated to setup though.

jmm55

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2018
I don't think so. I'm really low tech and I'm not even certain I have itunes, unless it comes with an iphone 12 mini. I'm now contemplating connecting my iphone to a monitor. My problem is I want to review some large videos on a big screen.

jaytv111

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
I don't think so. I'm really low tech and I'm not even certain I have itunes, unless it comes with an iphone 12 mini. I'm now contemplating connecting my iphone to a monitor. My problem is I want to review some large videos on a big screen.
iTunes you download from Apple to your Windows machine: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210384

And you use it to sync your iPhone to the Windows machine.

You can view the photos and videos after you've transferred them over USB.

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
Maybe sign up for a free Dropbox account and up,Las from your iPhone then download to your PC. You could use OneDrive too

saber32au

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2019
For me, I'd connect the phone to your computer via the lightning cable, then transfer the video file (there is an option in Windows which allows photo and video transfer). I don't think you need iTunes installed (happy to be corrected).

jmm55

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2018
Thanks for all replies. I have Dropbox, in fact a paid account with 2TB of storage, but I haven't been able to upload these large video files for some reason. I solved the problem using apple's mail drop. So far no problem emailing the videos to my laptop.

Reactions: Mark Stone

Mark Stone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2022
In its case.
Thanks for all replies. I have Dropbox, in fact a paid account with 2TB of storage, but I haven't been able to upload these large video files for some reason. I solved the problem using apple's mail drop. So far no problem emailing the videos to my laptop.
I was about to type in my solution, when I saw this post - I’m glad you were able to transfer the files! 😊

Reactions: jmm55

jmm55

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2018
If it's different than the one I used I'd still like to hear it. You have interesting content at sketchclub, and you're a very talented guitar player.

Mark Stone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2022
In its case.
If it's different than the one I used I'd still like to hear it. You have interesting content at sketchclub, and you're a very talented guitar player.
Thank you for your kind compliments -

I use two methods to transfer large videos from my iPad and iPhone to my PC:
  1. Use a USB Flash Drive. You can copy the material to it using the Flies app, then copy it off the drive to the PC. You would need a lightning to USB-A adaptor for the 12 mini - about $10 at Amazon. The bonus is that you would have a redundant backup of the video(s) on the Flash.
  2. If you have a Google account, you can use Google Photos, where you can freely upload/download items to/from any of your devices.
Thanks for visiting my websites! They both need to be updated -

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
If both are on the same network you can easily use e.g. SendAnywhere to transfer files. Install the app on your iPhone, select the files and choose transfer. Then open the website in the browser of your choice on your PC, choose receive, type in the code provided on the iPhone, voila!
Similar you can use Snapdrop.net on both devices.

ph.rei

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2021
I use Simple Transfer. Is like airdrop, but for Windows. But is not over bluetooth, you need ios and windows devices connected to the same wireless network.

Attachments

• E2846505-898D-4394-903F-A3E728F868CC.png
    E2846505-898D-4394-903F-A3E728F868CC.png
    592 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.