Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phaedrus

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2002
Ohio
Doug, I like 'em!

I like the product alot--and I like your designs. I'm also intrigued by the possibility (described on Appleskinz website) of designing my own, or commisioning Appleskinz to do so for me. I think the prices are reasonable. The only other thing I care about as much as my Mac is my car, and I would have to spend $3,000 to make it look so good. I'm not a rich man. But $50 to $100 on the skinz I could afford. I know some people on this site protest that the skinz would destroy the purity of look intended by Apple designers. Well, I respect that, but it's not my opinion. I have multiple tatoos so I've already thwarted the "intended" look of my own body--can I pierce my Mac, too? I have only one concern. If I need to open up my Mac, and I'm the type to do that for various reasons, how difficult is it to reapply the skinz? Do I just need to go to the hardware store and get some two-sided tape?

Thanks

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Re: I'm curious!

actually I don't think they are a bad product at all....I am willing to take your word that they look better in person than in a photo....after all, that's what they are saying about the new iMac.....he he he....

U did mention your company is working on this product for the Titanium PowerBook? Any details u can share?

my 2¢... :p

AppleSkinz

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2002
Costa Mesa, CA
The Titanium "Skin" will be a snug fit over the existing case and will roll nicely over the edges. There are no screws or the like to deal with. No warranty hassles. Just some non-drying tape. Our iBook Skinz are in the molding stage now and are about the same as the Titanium except for the size and corner radius.

We are also working with a Japanese company to develop a steel back for the Titanium. In Japan it is so crowded that the screens constantly get crushed(No really!).

Also, regarding the question about applying and removing the Skinz, we demonstrated ours at the show and must have put it on and off a hundred times with no problem. And, if your tape should "die", we'll send customers some free of charge.

Still looking for some design input,
Doug
http://www.AppleSkinz.com

gandalf55

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2001
boston
design ideas:

- how about a lord of the rings skin - the elven glyphs on the ring in a circle.
- the macintosh welcome screen (not osx, but the double-smile)
- 3D renderings - a'la the complex wallpapers people like to download
- the default blue "swirl" design "aqua graphite" in the osx desktop sys settings

thats about it - but personally, i think clean, classic and dynamic is the way to capture my attention. the tattoo look isn't bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.