Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stephen.R

Suspended
Nov 2, 2018
Thailand
I've used Cyberduck for many years and I think it's great.
I’m a recent convert (from transmit as it happens) but I agree. It’s not that transmit is bad, I just feel CyberDuck (particularly when paired with the companion/sister app MountainDuck) is better.

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
I've used Cyberduck for many years and I think it's great.

Is Cyberduck a payware app?

I can get behind this solution - I'm also a ForkLift 3 user. So a big thumbs up for recommending it. I suggested it to @camelia in her other thread before seeing this one.

Thank you, testing ForkLift 3

@TO ALL

What about Commander One by Eltima Software any good review? :eek:

Came

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Commander One gets somewhat good reviews over on macupdate - I use this too from time to time when I feel for something else to look at - It has a few customize options, such as setting a Norton Commander style apperance for its listers. For whatever reason I do this. I have no connection to Norton Commander as I was using Directory Opus and DirWork on my computers. If you like to style your listers then Commander One could be one for you.
I was going to suggest the free(in beta)Marta File Manager but I don't think it has any FTP capabilities.

Version 2.0 of Commander One is spoken of as being in development but Eltima Software writes in January to a commenter on MacUpdate that there are no exact release date for version 2.0 of Commander One. But if you can wait a while, I suggest looking out for that one. The current Commander One file manager doesn't have many troubles doing things - mostly the reviews are about the cluttered interface with no sidebar as ForkLift has. It's not like the options for file managers on the Mac is currently lacking. And a few also connects to FTP servers and whatnot. I mention this because of the earlier purchase of Transmit.

Edit: Also, Double Commander is a suggestion too(though the app is clearly not macOS in its apperance - it does open and operates) https://sourceforge.net/projects/doublecmd/

Though the entry by me might appear as a rant - it's just information from the top of my head.

Last edited:
Reactions: camelia

BenTek21

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2019
My vote is for WebDrive. It has some pretty cool security features in the latest version that was recently released.

TonyK

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2009
CyberDuck here as well.

To answer the OP's question, it is $24 USD from the app store but still free for download from the developer's website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.