Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
Hello,

I am having this problem trying to run Transmit 5.2.4
Any idea why i am getting this error message?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
macOS 10.13.6 (17G6030)

Thanks
Camelia

Transmit.png

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Though I haven't seen Transmit come as a folder download perhaps this can help?

Code:
sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Transmit.app

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
That usually happens when the app is cracked. But it could happens even if the download is corrupted or the app is not properly signed. Try to download it again, and if doesn't work, contact Panic.

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
Have you tried to delete the file you have re-download the software?

Yes I did from

xttps://download.panic.com/transmit/Transmit-5-Latest.zip and
xttps://download.panic.com/transmit/Transmit 5.2.4.zip

@camelia I would suggest too, like the comment above, to re-download the software. Perhaps trying a different browser and also try using an alternate unarchiver.

What other unarchiver?

That usually happens when the app is cracked. But it could happens even if the download is corrupted or the app is not properly signed. Try to download it again, and if doesn't work, contact Panic.

Panic is not replying any more about this issue that is why I am asking here, I had to format my computer, clean install, download the app again but the app does not open

Thanks
Camelia

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
What other unarchiver?

Thanks
Camelia

Try using the free Keka unarchiver from www.keka.io or The Unarchiver from the Mac App Store. I'm not saying that it absolutely does help - however, I do have experience with unarchivers other than the macOS built-in performing the unarchiving "better". I'm not sure why it helps in some cases but it might. Keka has recently become my default - having tried it over the years I think I have settled for it this time.

Reactions: camelia

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
Update:

if I type in terminal sudo spctl --master-disable the .app opens and runs

What If could mean? the app is not properly signed?
The app contains malware?

Thanks
Came

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
I don't think it's malware infected - I just think that gatekeeper has a different point of view about the app. Sometimes the app opens upon right-click and selecting Open - with gatekeeper on. That's what I've read.

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Something seems off?

I have used Transmit for a long time 15 years or more - never had an install issue and even lost my license a few times and they sent it back within minutes

Usually incredible support - and awesome FTP for mac

Not sure what those extra files are in the original post - I don't see those when I download the file from the website?

IHelpId10t5

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2014
Hello,

I am having this problem trying to run Transmit 5.2.4
Any idea why i am getting this error message?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
macOS 10.13.6 (17G6030)

Thanks
Camelia

View attachment 831371

I believe that Panic is having a certificate problem with a cert issued two days ago. I just tried visiting https://www.panic.com/transmit/ and received a certificate error in Firefox that reports "Could not verify this certificate because the issuer is unknown". The EV cert appears to have been issued on April 9, 2019. The interesting thing is that Firefox gives me the cert error but Safari and Chrome (on macOS) do not and lod the site just fine.

I would never leave Transmit. It's by far the most stable and fast client available. I abandoned Cyberduck long ago because it still required Java to run and was just about the slowest piece of software I had ever used. I'd rather use terminal for all transfers than to return to Cyberduck.

Reactions: mikzn and camelia

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
@camelia Might I suggest ForkLift as a replacement for Transmit if the requirements are FTP usage. Granted, I don't personally do much FTP'ing anymore - ForkLift is so much more than a FTP(FTPS) app for the Mac - I use it as my go to file manager. You can try it out for free as a trial at www.binarynights.com

Anyway, that is all. I hope that you get that refund for Transmit.

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
Something seems off?

I have used Transmit for a long time 15 years or more - never had an install issue and even lost my license a few times and they sent it back within minutes

Usually incredible support - and awesome FTP for mac

Not sure what those extra files are in the original post - I don't see those when I download the file from the website?

Oh! those extra .txt files are my license and the checksum to verify the app, in my USB

@camelia Might I suggest ForkLift as a replacement for Transmit if the requirements are FTP usage. Granted, I don't personally do much FTP'ing anymore - ForkLift is so much more than a FTP(FTPS) app for the Mac - I use it as my go to file manager. You can try it out for free as a trial at www.binarynights.com

Anyway, that is all. I hope that you get that refund for Transmit.

Thank you, downloading ForkLift

Camelia

Reactions: macintoshmac

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Thanks to all I am going to ask for a refund

Came

Since I did not see anyone else mention that, would you kindly try a fresh download one more time, and then after it extracts, move the truck to the Applications folder, and then see if it starts without a hitch? It appears you are not moving it to the Applications folder, and what harm might come from trying once?

Also, since you paid for it, try to get the devs have a look at what is going on, in the interest of the larger Panic community.

Thank you!

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
Since I did not see anyone else mention that, would you kindly try a fresh download one more time, and then after it extracts, move the truck to the Applications folder, and then see if it starts without a hitch? It appears you are not moving it to the Applications folder, and what harm might come from trying once?

Also, since you paid for it, try to get the devs have a look at what is going on, in the interest of the larger Panic community.

Thank you!

Yup, fresh download, moved to Applications Folder

Same issue :mad:

Thanks
Came

Update: Panic support takes forever to reply :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: macintoshmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.