Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Didn't know where to post this, seems the most appropriate place. You can move it if you want.

I see lots of people with avatars with no white background, just transparent. My avvie, the FCPX logo, is a transparent .png but still shows a White background. How do I make it transparent? The only workaround I can think of is to make the BG colour of the avvie the BG colour of the forum.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
As you used the FCP X icon for your avatar, I selected the FCP X application, opened GET INFO, copied the icon via selecting it, switched to Preview, pressed CMD+N to get a new image of the clipboard, clicked on the actual icon (not the sidebar, pressed CMD+A, pressed CMD+C, pressed CMD+N, pressed CMD+S and saved it as .png.
Then I resized the .png to 75x75 in Preview and saved it again as .png. That worked for me and the Motion 4 icon I used for two hours as avatar.

Last edited:

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
As you used the FCP X icon for your avatar, I selected the FCP X application, opened GET INFO, copied the icon via selecting it, switched to Preview, pressed CMD+N to get a new image of the clipboard, clicked on the actual icon (not the sidebar, pressed CMD+A, pressed CMD+C, pressed CMD+V, pressed CMD+S and saved it as .png.
Then I resized the .png to 75x75 in Preview and saved it again as .png. That worked for me and the Motion 4 icon I used for two hours as avatar.

Thank you so much. Was selecting the image rather than the actual icon. :cool:

Nov 28, 2010
located
So do I :D
May change to the Motion one soon. I haven't got Compressor so can't make that into an avvie unless I find a pic on Google.

Here you go:

MR_compressor_icon.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.