Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clear Casing, common or rare?

• One and only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prototype

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Rare

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • There around

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Common

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

digitalrampage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2001
Sydney, Australia
I am being given a transparent Macintosh IIsi by a source (who shall remane nameless at this time) for my collection.

I am very excited about this as I believe it is a one off collectable / prototype which I am the only person to have

I have seen and heard of the Macintosh SE/20 Clear case edition where 10 units were made, but has anyone heard of a IIsi clear case???

Thanks

Adrian:D :D :D

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2002
there are some

there are more than 1 clear prototypes of most macs. The were like that so they could see how all the stuff fit together. It is probable that you don't have the only one. But there are only a few.

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Apple has done this a lot.

Running a proto in clear polycarbonate helps the designers get it all wedged in there like organs in a Rat. Most Macs have been proto'd this way for quite some time. It's more about making sure the case design fits together and all the parts line up, blah blah blah............;) Theoretically you should be able to find any Mac that's already been finished out for production, assuming the person it wound up with last is confidant enough to sell it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.