Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zalle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
I'm having a problem with trash (OSX 10.7.5).

When I delete a file, a warning appears saying: "are you sure you want to delete the file?" This file will be erased immediately. This operation is irreversible.

If I click "delete", the file is deleted forever. The trash can is always empty.

I created a new administrator user just to see if this happened, but it works fine with the other account.

Thanks for your help

MacPro2014

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2013
I'm having a problem with trash (OSX 10.7.5).

When I delete a file, a warning appears saying: "are you sure you want to delete the file?" This file will be erased immediately. This operation is irreversible.

If I click "delete", the file is deleted forever. The trash can is always empty.

I created a new administrator user just to see if this happened, but it works fine with the other account.

Thanks for your help

It sounds like Delete Immediately is occurring. This feature practically bypasses the use of the trashcan. It is actually very useful when files that appear to be "in use" and fail to empty the trashcan. In your case it sounds bothersome. This link may help you :https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2611856?start=0&tstart=0

zalle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
Hi MacPro2014,

Thank you for your time. It worked. Everything is back to normal now.

Happy New Year!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.