Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cub4bearin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
Hello everyone,

I see a lot of different foldable and travel friendly 3 in 1 MagSafe chargers out there.

Can someone suggest one that has decent quality and is safe for use with their phones and watches?

I’m in US and would prefer order from Amazon. Any suggestions welcomed.

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
The Anker Cube 3-in-1 is my choice. Yes it is heavier than the Apple Magsafe 2/1, which is perfect, but love the Cube and able to put the phone in landscape mode to use clock mode at night. I travel a a lot and have no issues with the weight.

christlinah

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2022
Austria
The Anker Cube 3-in-1 is my choice. Yes it is heavier than the Apple Magsafe 2/1, which is perfect, but love the Cube and able to put the phone in landscape mode to use clock mode at night. I travel a a lot and have no issues with the weight.

Even though it's really compact, I'd strongly advise against getting the Apple MagSafe Duo at this point; doesn't even support Fast Charging for the Apple Watch...

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Even though it's really compact, I'd strongly advise against getting the Apple MagSafe Duo at this point; doesn't even support Fast Charging for the Apple Watch...
Agree and I don’t think I recommended it in my post, even though I like it. Sure there is a new one soon. Apple really needs to figure out how to make on like that but with the ability to charge your iPhone in landscape to take advantage of the clock mode at night.

cub4bearin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
IMG_6197.png
Hello everyone.

So I did take advantage of the Amazon prime sale and got two ankers cubes. $112+tax.

However, I must disagree a little bit as far as compactness for traveling. Because of the cube it’s not as easy as MagSafe duo to just fold and pack in chargers/cables pouch. But I really like it and will keep at least one of them for sure.

Now, I would like to find something like this made by a company I can trust more. Wish Apple or Anker would come up with a similar design which would be perfect while traveling.

Foldable Magnetic Wireless Charger, Aluminum Alloy 3 in 1 Charging Station for Apple, KU XIU 15W Fast Mag-Safe Charger Stand Compatible with iPhone 15 14 13 12 Pro/Max/Plus, AirPods 3/2/Pro, iWatch https://www.amazon.com/Foldable-Magnetic-Wireless-KU-XIU/dp/B0BKPCXZQY

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.