Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jazz1

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I haven't traveled overseas for some time. I was wondering if there are any issues with trying to play movies I've purchased from AppleTv while in Scotland. I don't know if there are any copyright issues or service issues that would prevent me from watching movies in another country. That said, could a buy a movie under my regular account while overseas?

cosmogfd

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2022
Nope shouldn't cause any problems and you should be able to purchase things too. Watching things while travelling has pretty much always been a selling point of things like this.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
I haven't traveled overseas for some time. I was wondering if there are any issues with trying to play movies I've purchased from AppleTv while in Scotland. I don't know if there are any copyright issues or service issues that would prevent me from watching movies in another country. That said, could a buy a movie under my regular account while overseas?

I'd advice not purchasing any titles whilst abroad as they may be blocked in the US due to licensing issues.

Reactions: max2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.