Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoeWal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2017
Germany
Dear MacRumors community,

this is a day I've been looking forward to for the last three years:
My new app Treeceps is now available on the App Store.

I have prepared a video that tells you all about it:

You can download Treeceps
here on the App Store.

Working out - To me has always felt like leveling up yourself.
With every workout, you gain a little bit of strength.
It’s like going on an adventure where your fitness is the main character!
And I always wished there was an app where this analogy becomes a reality.
Treeceps makes this dream come true: A magical immersive world where everything relates to your training.

This world is inhabited by creatures known as Runimals which feed on grass.
And with every step you take, a small amount of grass is grown.
There are flowers that will grow through your fitness-achievements. And will unlock a variety of new kinds of Runimals.
By climbing stairs your light house will increase its height.
It is a lively world that is always changing. Even your local time and weather is reflected!
You’ll receive a new science-based tip every day will teach you everything you need to know to get in the very best shape.

You can plan your own workouts. Or let Treeceps plan them for you.
Whether you’re training at home or in the gym, based on your time and equipment, Treeceps will create the perfect plan for you.
Using some of the most effective exercises in the world.

Treeceps 1.0 is just the beginning. It's my dream to be able to make a living from developing Treeceps one day.
If you know someone that might be interested in Treeceps, I really appreciate every recommendation!

Thanks a lot,
Joe
Developer of Treeceps & Scelta

JoeWal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2017
Germany
I just launched Treeceps on Product Hunt today at https://www.producthunt.com/posts/treeceps

The intro post shares a bit of additional background story about how the app came about and what my personal motivation and story behind Treeceps is. I hope these kind of insights from an independent app developer are interesting. If you have any questions or remarks, feel free to ask anytime!

JoeWal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2017
Germany
Treeceps 1.3 is out and has a new feature: AR!
The update adds augmented reality with three different modes:
1.) View exercise animations in the real world to get a great sense of how to perform them
2.) Place your unlocked Runimals in your home or your surrounding nature and let them walk around
3.) Experience your Gains Garden with all Runimals, flowers and characters in an immersive AR-tabletop-mode

All modes are implemented with the newest version of ARKit with environment based lighting and realistic shadows for the most immersive experience possible.

This video shows the modes in action:

If you'd like to try them out for yourself download Treeceps on the App Store.

JoeWal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2017
Germany
Treeceps is now available on Apple Watch!

Perform your workouts right from your wrist with all the features you know and love from the iOS companion app.
The Apple Watch app even works completely independently from your iPhone. Plan and track your workouts everywhere you go!

- Existing workouts from the iOS app automatically appear on your Watch and you will receive rewards in the iOS Treeceps app after every workout
- Let the Treeceps AI create a workout plan for you or create and edit your own workouts right from your Apple Watch
- Stunning 3D animations of all exercises (requires Apple Watch Series 3 or later)
- Powerful features known from the iOS app such as the unparalleled guided mode, prefilled sets and progression, optional RPE tracking and much more
- An easy to use workout tracker, designed in written for Apple Watch using SwiftUI make Treeceps one of the most impressive Apple Watch apps on the App Store
- HealthKit integration lets you fill your Apple Watch rings by completing workouts in Treeceps

Bonus: Treeceps now loads all exercise animations in the app much faster without any changes in visual quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.