Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poppyljg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Can you sync contacts and calendar with a mobileme trial account. I'm trying to sync on my macbook and I get an error message saying that it can't sync.

Help!

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
My calendar definitely isn't "push" - syncing not working for me either but i dont get an error message

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
My calendar definitely isn't "push" - syncing not working for me either but i dont get an error message

That's interesting - I have a trial as well and my Calender and Contacts are definitely push, but my mail. that said my friend has a trial and everything is push for him.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
in fact, as of now, my me.com website doesn't sync properly.

Until apple fixes this im sticking with a trial. its too slow and not practical.

spicoli

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2007
Can you sync contacts and calendar with a mobileme trial account. I'm trying to sync on my macbook and I get an error message saying that it can't sync.

Help!

I had the same problem. I couldn't sync my contacts and calendar and mobileme kept saying that syncing was not available in the trial version and to upgrade. That was a couple of days ago (I did the manual install). I never did get it it work. I did open another trial account after the server issues seemed to get a little better and all is well. iPhone to Macbook syncs over the air both ways for contacts and calendar. I am now having an issue with my PC at work, but I suspect my IT department enabled a proxy requirement I haven't figured out yet. Try to sweet talk them on Monday. Wonder if bagels will help?

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
That's interesting - I have a trial as well and my Calender and Contacts are definitely push, but my mail. that said my friend has a trial and everything is push for him.

Just tried it again, everything is working 100%. I quite like this, push is amazing especially the e-mail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.