Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ebok

Suspended
Aug 22, 2018
Swappa doesn’t have to explain them selfs?! Yes they kinda do. Everybody who gets fired gets an explanation. Every girl who breaks up with you gives an explanation. It’s the right thing to do.

They really don’t... they’re a private business. They owe no one an explanation

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: perezr10

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

You are technically correct, they aren't required but its a good business practice.

For example I rarely read all the terms and conditions (I know I know) on websites like that. If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have known using a VPN was an issue, now I know not too. Assuming that is the problem? That would have been a problem for me.

If you don't educate your customers they will continue to be dummies.

Again though, I'm not on high horse demanding they explain themselves, just seems like potential customers have the right to know why service was denied to them. If nothing else so they can tell their friends and family.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Private or not, when sellers make mistakes, they need/require to be educated on those mistakes, and how you can possibly educate anyone if the owners/administrators of a site don’t explain what happened. That’s not a ‘good business practice’ from a standpoint, especially when they actually did reply to the OP of this thread and others in the past.

JagRunner

Suspended
Oct 18, 2018
Houston,Texas
I just got banned on Swappa today. I’m not a major seller or buyer. I may buy something off there once every 2 years. And sell about the same too.

I tried to sell an iPhone. Uploaded pics and everything. I check to see if it’s approved and it says my account is inactive to email Swappa for more information. I email them and the only response is that I violated terms just like the response the OP got.

The problem I have with them is they don’t even tell you what you violated? I don’t even know if it’s a misunderstanding because they won’t tell me what I did wrong. I have no idea what the issue is. It’s a paid off phone I bought directly from Verizon. Original owner.

Oh well. Another lost customer. I used to recommend them to people. Not anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.