Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

egyptsFINEST8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Hello, I have tried the Zagg Invisible Shield and the SGP Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint.
The Invisible shield is great for protecting the back of my Ipod, as that is what i am most worried about actually being scratched. It fully covers it, but it loses it's grip around the corners and that gets really annoying. The part of it that covers the screen was not good at all. It didn't really degrade quality, I was more bothered by the friction. Playing games wasn't fun anymore. I do appreciate the lifetime guarantee that Zagg offers. Anytime my screen protector becomes scratched (which is very rare) I just mail it in and get another one for free.
Next, I tried the Stylish people's Good Partner Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint Screen Protector. Worst idea ever. Installed it and returned it in the same day. The Anti- Fingerprint was ok, and it was really smooth, but the quality was so bad that I actually couldn't use my Ipod while the screen protector was on. It was so blurry and grainy that I actually hated turning on my Ipod.

Soo, I need a new screen protector and so far I have searched the webs and come across many different screen protectors varying in price. What I am looking for is a screen protector that gives my screen it's best quality and still protects it well. I'm not talking Invisible Shield Grade protection, I was thinking a little less than that. So far I have narrowed it down to bestskinsever.com
Powersupport
or buying 30 screen protectors off ebay
I'm open to suggestions too, so please help.:confused:
The Steinheil Crystal Clear is not in stock so that is not an option :(
P.S. I have Ipod touch 2nd Generation

Last edited:

BASRification

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2010
Texas
I have a BestSkinsEver combined with a Belkin Grip Vue Tint. The front is pretty good with minimal orange peel and quality degration. I don't feel any added resistance when dragging either. I do know what you are talking about though with Zagg IS as I have several devices with them too. I would probably end up getting a Power Support Anti-Glare screen protector if my BSE gets ruined. I suggest you go with the PS unless your full body skin is falling apart.

tablo13

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B118 Safari/6531.22.7)

Maybe try stenheil anti-oil

Pballer110

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2010
You should try wrapsol. They are much better than zagg, no orange peel effect. The back has a nice matte grip to it and the front is clear. They also have lifetime warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.