Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paul Deemer

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2023
Greenville, SC
I really want to get into playing Trine 4 and 5 which are 64-bit. Have no experience with Crossover yet. But am thinking about getting into that just to play these games and also to give me a better selection of games to play on my M3 Max. Has anyone played either of these with Crossover? What was your experience?

Paulyboy

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2007
I really want to get into playing Trine 4 and 5 which are 64-bit. Have no experience with Crossover yet. But am thinking about getting into that just to play these games and also to give me a better selection of games to play on my M3 Max. Has anyone played either of these with Crossover? What was your experience?
Trine 4 runs perfectly under the current version of Crossover with D3DMetal and MSync on so I would be willing to bet Trine 5 does as well. Tons of games run really well now as a matter of fact. Remember you could always get a refund if you haven't played more than two hours of a game on Steam. It takes a lot less time than that to determine if a game is going to work well. Enjoy!

Homy

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2006
Sweden
Trine 4 is unrated but Trine 5 has one good rating for Crossover 23.7 so it should run well in 24 but you never know. Just be sure you try the free trial of Crossover before you buy it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.