Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solyd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
Does anyone know ways to hack SpringBoard to extra features, namely ones from SummerBoard (dimmed wallpaper on homescreen, skip last row). It seems that SummerBoard is still pretty alpha and keeps crashing my iPod (I've tried everything: touchFree jailbreak - Trip1Pogo + SummerBoard, manual jailbreak with just SummerBoard. The version of SummerBoard was the alpha from the website). I've restored my iPod and am now using only Trip1Pogo without SummerBoard, and the crashes have gone away. But there are features from SummerBoard that I miss, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to hack SpringBoard to obtain those features back without having SummerBoard run in the background.

Xai

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2007
SSH into your touch and look to see if the permissions are set to 755...i had the same problem and that fixed it

solyd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
SSH into your touch and look to see if the permissions are set to 755...i had the same problem and that fixed it

Nope. That's not it, it's just buggy.

Anyways, if anyone knows how to modify SpringBoard directly, the information would be appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.