Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mprofit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
Atlanta
I'm getting an "I'm having trouble connecting to the internet" message on my brand-new second-generation HomePod everyday. Unplugging it for twenty seconds and then plugging it back in fixes the problem, but inevitably I'll get the same error message the following day.

HomePod is located right next to my WiFi router. Signal strength shown as full on the Home app.

Would love any fix suggestions, as this thing sounds great but it just doesn't consistently work. Possible it's a defective item? Thanks in advance.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I'm getting an "I'm having trouble connecting to the internet" message on my brand-new second-generation HomePod everyday. Unplugging it for twenty seconds and then plugging it back in fixes the problem, but inevitably I'll get the same error message the following day.

HomePod is located right next to my WiFi router. Signal strength shown as full on the Home app.

Would love any fix suggestions, as this thing sounds great but it just doesn't consistently work. Possible it's a defective item? Thanks in advance.
Welcome to HomePod lol.

Try rebooting your network and/or factory resetting the HomePod. You’re not alone though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.