Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cSalmon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2016
dc
Trying to update firmware on a piece of hardware (zhiyum crane gimbal) with a mac but having trouble with the downloaded software. I've turned off the apple security measures. I keep getting an unmountable disk error with the Zhiyum dmg software. I've tried downloading the software using both Safari and Chrome. Any ideas how to get this company's software to work on an Apple computer?

thanks for any suggestions.

p.s using a macbook pro 10.11.6

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
Trying to update firmware on a piece of hardware (zhiyum crane gimbal) with a mac but having trouble with the downloaded software. I've turned off the apple security measures. I keep getting an unmountable disk error with the Zhiyum dmg software. I've tried downloading the software using both Safari and Chrome. Any ideas how to get this company's software to work on an Apple computer?

thanks for any suggestions.

p.s using a macbook pro 10.11.6
What is the exact error you’re getting?

cSalmon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2016
dc
The following disk images couldn't be opened

reason: no mountable file system

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
Try running

$ sudo hdituil attach /PATH/TO/DMG.dmg

in Terminal to see if that works, where /PATH/TO/DMG.dmg is the file path to the disk image. If it works, it should show up in the sidebar in Finder and, depending on your settings, your desktop too. If you don’t have sudo privileges, you can also attempt running it without.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I downloaded the Zhiyun Crane calibration firmware update, and that did not download as a .dmg, but a .zip file. That uncompressed to a .pkg installer.
I think you should go back to the Zhiyun support page, and download your firmware update again.

madthing

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2018

I am having the exact same error. tried everything. did you get it solved???

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.